Oaklawn’s Access Center has locations in both Elkhart (574-533-1234) and St. Joseph (574-283-1234) counties and is staffed with trained professionals who will answer your initial phone call and help you in the following ways:
Receive your request for services
- You may call as an individual for services for yourself or your family
- You may also call as a community partner to refer someone to our services and we will follow up with you when that is indicated
- Identify what type of assistance might be most helpful
- Triage the level of risk and the urgency of your request in order to secure services in the necessary time frames
- Set up appointments for outpatient services or options for hospitalization as necessary
- Assist in referrals to other services when those would be most appropriate
- Help to clarify insurance and other third party payment in order to identify payment responsibilities
Our Access Center has staff who speak English and Spanish and access to interpreters for those who speak other languages. Regular hours are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., but the center takes emergency requests 24 hours a day.
Schools in St. Joseph County can make referrals below.
*Note: This referral form is specifically for the use of those schools within St. Joseph County. If you live in Elkhart County and would like to make a referral, please contact us at the numbers listed below.
- Elkhart County: 574- 533-1234
- St. Joseph County: 574- 283-1234
- Oaklawn, The Children's Campus: 574-259-5666
- Toll Free: (800) 282-0809