Oaklawn Psychiatric Center, located in northern Indiana, offers a variety of volunteer opportunities at our Goshen, Elkhart and South Bend locations. Some involve direct patient contact and others have minimal contact with patients. You can choose the type of job that feels most comfortable for you.
Following are some of the available volunteer jobs:
Minimal or no patient contact
- Filing, copying, other clerical projects
- Delivering interoffice mail
- Computer projects with data entry
- Taking tickets in the lunch line
- Staffing the gift shop
- Working with medical records
- Assisting with education or staff events
- Seasonal decorating at Oaklawn facilities
- Short-term and long-term projects
- Working in the professional library
- Assisting in the volunteer or Foundation office
- Assembling literature packets
- Assisting with grounds work
Direct patient contact
- Tutoring children or adolescents
- Assisting with patient activities
- Serving as a mentor to youth
- Assisting with client satisfaction surveys
- Serving as a program helper
- Visiting with or welcoming clients
- Working in the patient library
- Assisting with medication clinic
- Transporting clients to support groups
Want to Volunteer at Oaklawn?
There are no rules as to how much time a volunteer must work -- you are welcome to volunteer as much or as little as your schedule allows. We are glad for any amount of time you give!
If you have a talent or skill you would like to share, contact Volunteer Services at email@example.com, or (574) 533-1234, ext. 1166
Download Brochure (pdf). You'll need Adobe Reader to view the PDF. Download the free Adobe Reader.