Oaklawn offers specialized addictions treatment programs for adolescents and adults in Elkhart and St. Joseph counties. Oaklawn specializes in the treatment of complex addictions — addiction to more than one substance, treatment for those who have failed in previous programs, and those that are also facing mental health issues
- Dual Diagnosis IOP: Clients who meet the criteria for substance abuse disorders and other mental health difficulties can be referred to IDDT. Treatment is individually structured so that the frequency of participation is matched with the severity of the problem. As progress occurs, sessions gradually decline.
is a mixed gender group. Participants in IOP learn skills to become sober and work on communication, relationship skills and goal-setting.
- Intensive Outpatient for women: We utilize the Matrix model and provide specialized addictions treatment for women offering them new hope for healing.
- Gambling Treatment Program: Offered in collaboration with our other addictions programs. Length of treatment varies according to a participant's individual goals. Program components include individual sessions, goal setting, psycho-education, relapse prevention and medication management as required. Our program also provides referrals to financial counselors and Gambler's Anonymous.
- Brief Marijuana Treatment: Offered to those in the substance abuse stages of pre-contemplation and contemplation. The goal is to improve through motivational interviewing. Individual and a group sessions are used assist clients in reaching the action stage.
- Continuing Care: After the completion of an addictions IOP, participants begin a continuing care program which includes relapse prevention education and strategies, as well as continued supportive intervention and monitoring.
- Family Involvement: Clients, family members and significant others are encouraged to attend our family group therapy.
For more information, or to enroll into our programs, please contact our Access Center at (574) 533-1234 for Goshen and Elkhart, or (574) 283-1234 for our South Bend campus.